Earnings Roundup: Herman Miller, CKE Restaurants
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Sept. 16, from AP Financial News:
ZEELAND, Mich. (AP) ¿ Office furniture maker Herman Miller Inc. said its fiscal first-quarter profit tumbled 75 percent as the economic slump drove a sharp drop in sales.
CARPINTERIA, Calif. (AP) ¿ CKE Restaurants Inc., which owns and operates the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's fast food chains, said its second-quarter profit slipped less than 1 percent as cost controls helped offset weaker-than-expected sales.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Oracle Corp.'s profit rose 4 percent in the latest quarter, matching Wall Street's forecasts, despite a drop in sales that revealed businesses are still being tightfisted about buying new software.SUFFERN, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Women's clothing retailer Dress Barn Inc. said its fiscal fourth-quarter profit rose 19.4 percent on strong sales from the company's dressbarn stores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV