Attempts To Shape Climate Bill In Full Swing
Even among API members, however, there are divisions over such tactics.
Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Europe's largest oil company, said it would not participate in the rallies. Shell told employees that if they wished to attend, they should do so "on their own time."
There is growing apprehension, at least among those who support climate legislation, that the current fight over changes to health care will leave any new energy policy bogged down in the Senate.
Already, Democrats have said the climate bill may have to wait until next year, though Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid maintained Wednesday that his goal would be to bring the climate bill to the floor this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV