Stanley Furniture Shares Fall On 3Q Outlook
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Shares of Stanley Furniture Co. Inc. fell Wednesday after the company said a day earlier that its third-quarter results would be worse than the loss it recorded in the second quarter.
Shares fell 74 cents, or 6.2 percent, to $11.15 in early afternoon trading.
The San Francisco wood furniture maker reported a second-quarter pretax operating loss of $4.1 million, as sales tumbled 28 percent year-over-year to $42.3 million. Managers had said at the end of the second quarter that they believed sales had hit a bottom.
A Raymond James analyst lowered profit estimates for the third quarter but maintained a "market perform" rating on the shares on Wednesday.Analyst Budd Bugatch lowered his expectations for third-quarter results to a loss of 33 cents per share from a loss of 16 cents per share. He also lowered his estimate for 2009 results to a loss of $1.13 per share from an 87 cent per share loss. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters predict a third-quarter loss of 18 cents per share and a 2009 loss of 84 cents per share. Stanley Furniture expects to release third-quarter results after markets close Oct. 14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV