Wireless Infrastructure Play
Cramer spoke with American Tower (AMT) chairman, president and CEO James Taiclet about the need for more wireless infrastructure in the U.S. to handle the coming mobile Internet tsunami.
Taiclet confirmed that consumers now want to do everything they do on their desktop computers, on the go, and that's driving the demand for more wireless bandwidth. He said his company's success is based on their scale, capacity, and their ability to sell and deploy new solutions quickly.
When asked about the company's valuation, Taiclet said American Tower should be valued on its cash flow, due to complex depreciation rules that make its earnings tough to understand. He said the company maintains 70% gross margins, an incredibly high number compares to most other companies.When asked whether Obama's stimulus plan would mean anything for the company, Taiclet said that the plan is too fragmented to affect earnings and is not a huge element of the company's growth plans.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on First Solar (FSLR), Ford Motor (F) and Priceline.com (PCLN). He was bearish on Canadian Solar (CSIQ) and Movado Group (MOV). To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV