Tsakos Gets 2-year Charter Extension On Tanker
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Greek shipping company Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd. said Tuesday it will generate at least $15.5 million from a two-year charter extension on a tanker.
The shipping company didn't identify the oil company that extended its use of the Pentathlon, a seven-year-old double hull suezmax tanker.
Tsakos said the gross-revenue figure assumed only a minimum payment rate, but suggested it would get a higher rate when the extension begins in early November.
Tsakos said it was the third extension in a row with the same major oil company since 2003.Tsakos operates 47 double-hull vessels with five more ships expected to be delivered through 2011. U.S.-traded Tsakos shares rose 12 cents to $16.12 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV