Albany Molecular Files Allegra Patent Lawsuits
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Albany Molecular Research Inc. said Tuesday it filed patent infringement lawsuits against drug developers Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. and Sandoz Inc. over patents dealing with Sanofi-Aventis' antihistamines Allegra and Allegra D.
Albany Molecular earns royalties from sales of Allegra from Sanofi-Aventis, as well as from the authorized generic. It filed the lawsuits in U.S. District Court in New Jersey, citing plans by Dr. Reddy's and Sandoz to market generic versions of the drugs.
In November, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Barr Pharmaceuticals Inc. settled a patent lawsuit with Sanofi-Aventis' over the allergy drugs Allegra and Nasacort. That deal will allow for sales of certain generic doses of the drugs early. Financial details of that settlement were not disclosed.
Shares of Albany Molecular fell 3 cents to $8.08 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV