Movers Roundup: OfficeMax, Biovail
Among the stock activity stories for Monday, Sept. 14, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of office-supply retailer OfficeMax Inc. declined after a Goldman Sachs analyst said the office-supply retailer's shares are fairly valued.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of drug developer Biovail Corp. rose as a Credit Suisse analyst upgraded shares of the stock, citing a recent string of financial deals, tax advantages, and secure patents.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Shares of KBR fell after the engineering and construction company announced it was awarded an energy project worth 2.7 billion Australian dollars ($2.33 billion).NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of GFI Group Inc. slid after an analyst downgraded the stock to "neutral" from "buy," saying its shares are overpriced. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Blockbuster Inc. surged after an analyst said the video rental company's decision to issue $340 million of senior notes should put to rest investor concerns about liquidity. SEATTLE (AP) ¿ Shares of chip maker Zoran Corp. jumped after an analyst said Wall Street has not taken into account how upcoming digital TV, digital camera and DVD player product launches will boost Zoran's business. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Emulex Corp. rose after Canaccord Adams upgraded shares on improving demand in the high-end server market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV