Soap Opera Gets Latinos In Tune With Health Care
A survey of "Bodylove" listeners found they had changed their eating habits because of the show, which featured a character going into a diabetic coma, said Connie Kohler, an associate professor at the university's health behavior department.
Each 30-minute episode airs on Denver's Univision affiliate, operated by Entravision Communications Corp., based in Santa Monica, Calif. Smith said it cost about $150,000 to promote "Encrucijada" on TV and radio, a sum paid in part by Entravision, which also provides free air time.
"They're really behind this thing," Smith said. "Sure, they're happy to have the money, but they're also committed to community health."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV