In his Eureka Moment segment, Cramer offered to lend a hand to the Justice Department to help make two cases that in his words "must be made." Those cases include prosecuting those in charge of both AIG (WEN) for making false statements that cost everyone billions.
Cramer said after reading how the government repeatedly botch the investigation of Bernie Madoff, he said he fears the government will again go after the wrong things and lose these pivotal cases.
He said the Justice Department must look at the late 2007 transcripts of the AIG analyst meetings and see how the statements made by Financial Product Division head Joseph Cassano were just not supported by any facts. He said it's also the case with Lehman executives, who repeatedly contended the company had little exposure to any toxic assets.Cramer said both of these should be open and shut cases for the government, and both are cases that have to be made to restore confidence in the system. Cramer offered to assist the Justice Department in any way he can to help them understand, and prosecute, these offenders.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Wendy's/Arby's Group (WEN), CKE Restaurants (CKR), First Niagara Financial (FNFG), Travelers Companies (TRV) and China Unicom (CHU). He was bearish on McDonald's (MCD) and Allianz (AZ). -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV