NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors need to challenge their own ideas, Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Friday.
That's why his game plan for next week includes using the latest data to confirm or disprove many of his current investment theses.Cramer said the latest retail sales numbers will be released on Tuesday. He said that while these numbers are interesting in a broad sense, he's focusing on the earnings of electronics giant Best Buy (BBY). "There's no better test of the consumer than seeing if they're buying stuff they really don't need," said Cramer, adding that's why Best Buy is a great test of whether the back-to-school" shopping season is on track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV