Aceto Fiscal 4th-qtr Profit Falls On Lower Sales
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Aceto Corp., which distributes chemicals and generic drugs, said Friday its fiscal fourth-quarter profit plunged on lower sales of health sciences and chemicals products.
Aceto earned just under $1.1 million, or 4 cents per share, compared with profit of just under $8 million, or 32 cents per share, during the same period a year prior. Revenue fell 29 percent to $74.8 million from $104.7 million.
The fiscal 2009 fourth quarter and full-year ended June 30.
Health Sciences revenue fell 31 percent as customers delayed product launches or changed reorder patterns, Aceto said. Crop protection sales fell 11.5 percent, and sales from chemicals and colorants fell 28 percent.For the full year, profit fell to $8.6 million, or 35 cents per share, from $13.5 million, or 54 cents per share, from a year prior. Revenue fell to $322.6 million from $359.6 million. Shares of Aceto fell 27 cents, or 3.7 percent, to $7.07 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV