Hawaii Hurricane Insurance Company Being Sold
HONOLULU (AP) ¿ Hawaii's largest hurricane insurance company is being sold for $31 million.
Kingsway Financial Services Inc. of Canada announced Wednesday that it is selling Zephyr Insurance Co. to Florida-based Ocean Harbor Holding Inc. and the Hawaii-based investor group MP Holdings LLC.
Kingsway bought Honolulu-based Zephyr about four years ago.
Zephyr is a specialty property insurance company founded to protect Hawaii homeowners and residents from catastrophic loss due to hurricanes.Kingsway says for the first half of 2009, Zephyr had gross premiums written of about $36 million, or 7 percent of the premiums of the Kingsway group of companies. The purchase is expected to be completed before the end of the year. Zephyr's 17 staffers are to be retained.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV