Motorola, T-Mobile Go Solo With Cliq Phone
Motorola unveiled its long-awaited Google (GOOG) Android-powered smartphone called Cliq during GigaOm's Mobilize conference Thursday. Joining Motorola in the introduction was exclusive partner T-Mobile, the wireless U.S. unit of Deutsche Telekom (DT).
Limiting its initial telco partnership to the No. 4 player in the market, makes Motorola's all-or-nothing bet on the Android phone operating system an even longer shot than some fans would be comfortable with.
The Cliq, which comes with a slide-out Qwerty keypad, a 5-megapixel camera and GPS, is Motorola's first non- Microsoft (MSFT) Windows smartphone and its best hope of competing against Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and Research In Motion's (RIMM) BlackBerry.
|Motorola's debut Google Android phone, the Cliq, introduced Sept. 2009.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV