The former general manager for IP within IBM's research wing is relishing the challenge of driving improvements at one of the world's largest tech companies.
"I am really excited about the opportunity," he told TheStreet in a phone interview. "The role of CIO is all about business."
Cost control, in particular, has been a key issue for IBM during the recession, enabling the server and software giant to grow its profit and margins despite diminishing sales. Toole says that he will continue these efforts."There are a number of shared services that are key areas within IBM," he said. Specifically, Toole will be using technology to boost the company's efficiency in divisions such as IT, finance, human resources and real estate. "We have
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV