Earnings Roundup: Men's Wearhouse, Shuffle Master
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Sept. 9, from AP Financial News:
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Men's Wearhouse said its second-quarter profit rose 20 percent even though sales fell, as it reduced its operating costs.
LAS VEGAS (AP) ¿ Casino equipment maker Shuffle Master Inc. said its third-quarter profit jumped 87 percent as it kept a lid on expenses.
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) ¿ Pistol maker Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.'s profit surged ahead of Wall Street expectations in the fiscal first quarter, as the company said sales of handguns and tactical rifles were strong.SOUTH HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) ¿ Plastic packaging company AEP Industries Inc. reported a fiscal third-quarter profit as sales fell 8 percent, partly due to lower selling prices. DAYTON, Ohio (AP) ¿ Rex Stores Corp. said its second-quarter profit fell 31 percent in a quarter when it closed its remaining company-owned retail stores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV