Pulte Buys Back $1.5 Billion In Debt
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. (AP) ¿ Pulte Homes Inc. on Wednesday announced results from its offer to buy $1.5 billion in debt in connection with its purchase of homebuilder Centex Corp.
The tender offer was announced Aug. 11 and expired at midnight Tuesday.
The offer assigned a priority level to each series of notes, so the lower-priority notes that were tendered weren't accepted.
Those that were accepted:¿ $252.6 million, or 84 percent, of $300 million in principal outstanding on 4.55 percent notes due in 2010 and issued by Centex; ¿ $306.9 million, or 78 percent, of $392.5 million in principal outstanding on 7.875 percent notes due in 2011 and issued by Centex; ¿ $186.1 million, or 93 percent, of $200 million in principal outstanding on 8.125 percent notes due in 2011 and issued by Pulte; ¿ $341.4 million, or 72 percent, of $473.6 million in principal outstanding on 7.875 percent notes due in 2011 and issued by Pulte.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV