Volt Information Sciences Delays 3Q Results
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Volt Information Sciences Inc. on Wednesday said it will delay the release of is fiscal third-quarter results and its related regulatory filing while it reviews its revenue accounting from past years.
The company, which provides information technology outsourcing services, said it is re-examining its accounting for a total of about $12 million of revenue reported in fiscal 2007 and fiscal 2008. In each of those years, Volt reported revenue of $2.4 billion. "The company is assessing whether certain of these revenues and related costs should have been recorded in later periods," it said in a statement. The timing relates to two technical accounting issues.
Volt's third-quarter release and investor conference call were originally scheduled for Thursday. The company said it will also delay filing its required quarterly report on Form 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is due Friday.
In afternoon trading, Volt shares added 3 cents to $10.25. The stock has changed hands between $4.07 and $12.36 in the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV