NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Everywhere I look this morning there is bad news for banks -- in particular for banking bonuses.
Bonuses in the financial world are so culturally entrenched and so irresistible that financial institutions continue to award lavish payouts despite public outcries, Congressional scrutiny and in many cases such poor corporate performances that no one could reasonably expect to be rewarded. Yet they are.
But maybe not for long. A study of proposed global regulatory reforms suggests that
Elsewhere in the news, New York Attorney General
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV