Sun Healthcare Group Cuts 2009 Outlook
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Health care facility operator Sun Healthcare Group Inc. cut its 2009 guidance Wednesday, citing an expected decrease in Medicare reimbursement rates, and said it will cut an undisclosed number of jobs to reduce costs.
The Irvine, Calif.-based company expects profit between $1.07 and $1.10 per share and revenue ranging from just below $1.88 billion to $1.89 billion for the full year. Previously, the company forecast profit between $1.15 and $1.19 per share on revenue between $1.92 billion and $1.93 billion.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect profit of $1.10 per share on revenue of just under $1.88 billion.
"The difficult reimbursement environment reflects the impact of the one-time adjustment referred to as the forecast error correction, impacting Medicare rates, and the effect of the current economic downturn in the states in which we operate," said Chairman and CEO Richard K. Matros, in a statement.The company plans to cut an unspecified number of jobs as well as reducing nonlabor costs. "None of the labor reductions occurs at the nursing center level, but rather they relate to overhead positions," the company said. It expects the restructuring move to save $10 million annually, and expects an $800,000 charge in the third quarter primarily for severance costs. Shares of Sun Healthcare closed at $8.04 Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV