This meeting has nothing to do with Antigenics (AGEN) and its experimental vaccine adjuvant QS21. Yes, I'm aware of the message board buzz claiming that QS21 is a component of Cervarix and that if the vaccine is approved by the FDA and sold here, Glaxo will pay royalties to Antigenics based on Cervarix sales in the U.S.
Well, sorry to play party pooper, but Glaxo spokesman Jeff McLaughlin told me that the adjuvant used to boost Cervarix is AS04, developed internally at Glaxo. Antigenics and QS21 have no role with Cervarix, he says.
Glaxo is using QS21 in its experimental malaria vaccine, currently in phase III trials.
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV