Earnings Roundup: Smithfield Foods, Argan
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, Sept. 8, from AP Financial News:
MILWAUKEE (AP) ¿ The nation's largest pork producer, Smithfield Foods Inc., said it posted a bigger first-quarter loss as one-time charges and lower domestic hog prices hurt results, despite curtailed production.
ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) ¿ Argan Inc., which designs and builds energy plants, said its fiscal second-quarter net income more than tripled as falling costs offset a decline in revenue.
VAN NUYS, Calif. (AP) ¿ Clothing retailer Cherokee Inc. said that its second-quarter profit fell 29 percent as sales dropped sharply.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV