Movers Roundup: Amphenol, Genzyme
Among the stock activity stories for Tuesday, Sept. 8, from AP Financial News:
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Amphenol Corp. shares rose after a Thomas Weisel Partners analyst upgraded the stock to "Overweight," saying he's increasingly confident in the company's prospects.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Genzyme Corp. traded lower after a drug it is codeveloping failed to meet goals of two late-stage clinical trials.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Multiplayer online game operator Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. said board member Bruno Wu resigned at the beginning of the month.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ The near-term sale of American International Group Inc.'s assets will leave little value for common equity holders, a Credit Suisse analyst said, downgrading the troubled insurance giant and slashing his price target for the stock in half. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Eagle Materials Inc. rose on prospects that U.S. residential construction will increase later this year, boosting demand for the company's building materials. PITTSBURGH (AP) ¿ Shares of Thompson Creek Metals Co. rose as an analyst upgraded the producer of molybdenum, which strengthens steel. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of NII Holdings Inc., which provides wireless services in Latin America, jumped after Wells Fargo Securities upgraded it to "Outperform" from "Market Perform."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV