Hallmark Financial Repurchases 750K Shares
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) ¿ Hallmark Financial Services Inc., a property and casualty insurance holding company, said Tuesday it bought back 750,000 of its shares for $5.25 million, or $7 per share.
The company repurchased the shares under a stock buyback program announced April 18. The price amounts to 69 percent of the company's most recent book value, reported June 30, of $10.08 per share.
Hallmark funded the repurchase through excess cash funds.
As a result of the move, the company has 20,113,670 shares outstanding as of Sept. 8. It may repurchase up to 250,000 more shares under the program.Purchases under the stock buyback program may be conducted privately or on the open market, through block trades or otherwise. It does not have an expiration date. Shares of Hallmark rose 44 cents, or 6.2 percent, to close at $7.54.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV