TheStreet.com Ratings provides exclusive stock, ETF and mutual fund ratings and commentary based on award-winning, proprietary tools. Its "safety first" approach to investing aims to reduce risk while seeking total return performance.
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- TheStreet.com's stock-rating model upgraded Buckeye GP Holdings (BGH) to "buy." The company owns general-partner interests in Buckeye Partners (BPL), which transports and stores refined petroleum products, and is also rated "buy."
The numbers: Second-quarter revenue fell 29% to $351 million, but net income surged 84% to $9.7 million, or 35 cents a share. Its gross margin rose from 16% to 25% and its operating margin climbed from 12% to 19%. The company has a weak financial position, demonstrated by its quick ratio of 0.5 and debt-to-equity ratio of 6.3.
The stock: Buckeye GP Holdings is up 78% this year, beating major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 18, a discount to oil and gas storage peers and the market. The shares pay a cash distribution yield of 6.5%. Cash distributions are taxed differently than dividends.The model upgraded IntegraMed America (INMD), a provider of vein care and fertility services, to "buy." The numbers: Second-quarter net income ascended 23% to $1.1 million and earnings per share climbed 30% to 13 cents. Revenue grew 13% to $56 million. Its gross margin was little changed at 13% and its operating margin remained stable at 4%. A quick ratio of 0.7 indicates less-than-ideal liquidity. A debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5 reflects conservative leverage. The stock: IntegraMed America is up 27% this year, more than the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 Index. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 19, indicating parity with the market, but a premium to health-care-service peers. The model upgraded gold explorer Jaguar Mining (JAG) to "hold."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV