Cherokee 2Q Profit Falls 29 Percent As Sales Drop
VAN NUYS, Calif. (AP) ¿ Clothing retailer Cherokee Inc. said Tuesday that its second-quarter profit fell 29 percent as sales dropped sharply.
The Van Nuys, Calif.-based company earned $2.9 million, or 32 cents per share, in the three months that ended Aug. 1. That is down from the $4 million, or 45 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 23 percent to $8.1 million from $10.5 million.
The company said retail sales fell as less merchandise was sold at Target. Cherokee also lost revenue from the loss of Sideout sales, which used to be sold at the now defunct Mervyn's.Cherokee shares rose 50 cents, or 2.5 percent, to $20.85 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV