With the iPod featuring prominently on the event invites sent out to journalists last week, iPod updates are inevitable, and there is growing speculation that Apple may join forces with another world-famous brand.
Sept. 9 is also the launch date for "The Beatles: Rock Band" video game, as well as the digitally remastered versions of the Fab Four's music. For some time now, there have been rumblings that Apple will also add the Beatles catalog to iTunes, and a multi-pronged launch would certainly grab headlines.
So, will we see Paul McCartney and Steve Jobs sharing a stage in the mother of all photo opportunities? Stranger things have happened -- the music legend has already appeared in one of Apple's iconic ads, and the media is desperate for a glimpse of the returning Apple CEO.Aside from the media brouhaha that will accompany Wednesday's launch, there is a longer-term question here. How will Apple keep its iTunes business fresh? The empire of fruit dominates digital music downloads, as well as offering movies and videos, but, as Steve Jobs knows, technology can't stand still. At least one analyst, for example, thinks that Apple is planning to tie iTunes more closely to its AppleTV wireless device.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV