Rather than institute something like this through the Securities and Exchange Commission or the pay czar, I'd rather see the market push this type of solution. It should be the large institutional investors, mutual funds, pension plans, and organizations such as the Council of Institutional Investors - all with skin in the game - to push such a solution forward.
Until that happens, Yahoo! - and many companies like it - will keep being Yahoo!: doling out the cash to those insiders lucky enough to be in their little club.
-- Written by Eric Jackson in Naples, Fla.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV