NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's trading will be influenced quite a bit by the monthly retail sales data coming out for several companies today. This news is usually out the first Thursday of each month. Keep an eye today on those names reporting sales numbers, as well as the other names in the news featured below.
Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV): Shares are lower after homebuilder reports another quarterly loss.
Ciena (CIEN): Stock is higher on company's positive guidance.
SAIC (SAI): Shares are slightly higher following company's second-quarter results.Del Monte Foods (DLM): Stock is rising after company raises guidance. Sepracor (SEPR): Shares are flat as news is official that company is being acquired for $23 a share. The stock spiked up yesterday afternoon before it was halted for news pending.
Upgrades to WatchInternational Rectifier (IRF): Merriman Curhan Ford initiates coverage with a buy rating. Carnival Corporation (CCL): Credit Suisse raises price target to $34. Apple (AAPL): William Blair initiates coverage with an outperform. Cubic Corp (CUB): JPMorgan raises stock to an outperform. Cisco Systems (CSCO): RBC Capital Markets raises price target to $27. Danaher Corporation (DHR): FBR Capital Markets raises stock to an outperform. $71 price target. Silicon Labs (SLAB): Kaufman Bros. raises estimates. $52 price target. Accenture (ACN): Baird initiates coverage with an outperform. Freeport McMoran (FCX): FBR Capital Markets raises estimates. $87 price target. Franklin Resources (BEN): Keefe, Bruyette & Woods raises stock to an outperform. $110 price target. Brown-Forman (BF-B): Goldman Sachs raises estimates. Zumiez (ZUMZ): William Blair raises stock to an outperform. Baker Hughes (BHI): Morgan Stanley raises stock to an equalweight. $75 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV