Ahead Of The Bell: Harte-Hanks Downgraded
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Harte-Hanks Inc. may not see the kind of rebound Wall Street expects for the direct marketing and advertising company, a BMO Capital Markets analyst said Thursday as he downgraded.
"We fear that the Street's expectations have become overextended and consensus estimates are too high," BMO analyst Daniel Salmon told investors in a note.
He lowered his rating on the San Antonio-based company to "Underperform" from "Market Perform."
Salmon said expectations for a rebound in the company's hard-hit shoppers segment, which circulates The PennySaver and The Flyer ad mailings, may be unrealistic.He said the segment faces a 7 percent rise in paper costs as well as a postage rate increase of 1.4 percent in May. Salmon reiterated his 2010 earnings forecast of 75 cents per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV