Stocks Lift Ahead of Jobs Report
(Updated with stock prices.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks in New York moved modestly to the upside Thursday, as investors shook off mixed data to focus on Friday's unemployment report.
The major indices ended near their highs of the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced 63.94 points, or 0.7%, to 9344.61, while the S&P 500 tacked on 8.49 points, or 0.9%, to 1003.24. The Nasdaq Composite added 16.13 points, or 0.8%, to 1983.2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV