Sepracor, BofA, Take-Two: Options Recap
OptionMonster co-founder Pete Najarian provides options picks Monday, Wednesday and Friday in TheStreet.com's Deep in the Money Calls newsletter.
David Russell, reporter for OptionMonster
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - The following stories ran Wednesday on OptionMonster.com.
Sepracor surges on takeover report: Stock and options volumes are exploding in Sepracor (SEPR) on a report the drugmaker would be acquired by a Japanese company for $2.7 billion.Bulls deposit in Bank of America: A call spread is the largest options trade on Bank of America (BAC) Wednesday and will earn a maximum profit of 198% if the stock closes at or above $21 by expiration. 'Straddle' trade in Take-Two: The videogame maker Take-Two (TTWO) snaps higher on a good earnings report, but one investor is positioning for the stock to stay put. Oracle draws heavy put buying: Traders are turning bearish on Oracle (ORCL) Wednesday after antitrust concerns arose about its acquisition of Sun Microsystems (JAVA), which is also losing market share according to a new report. Traders betting Goldcorp will fall: Investors are aggressively positioning for a potential decline in the mining company Goldcorp (GG), purchasing September puts in large volume. Options expect Virgin Mobile to hold: Shares of Virgin Mobile (VM) are pulling back again, but one large trade is looking for levels to hold through the end of the year. Large spread on Russell 2000: The Russell 2000 topped out Friday, and one institutional trader is placing a large spread bet in small-cap index over the short term. Bulls target Intrepid Potash: Options action is turning bullish on Intrepid Potash (IPI) as investors look for the fertilizer company to rally over the next three weeks. -- Reported by David Russell of OptionMonster in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV