The stock: CKX Lands has dropped 13% this year, underperforming major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 16, a discount to the market and real estate peers. The shares offer a 2.4% dividend yield.
The model downgraded oil and gas explorer Pyramid Oil (PDO) to "sell."
The numbers: Pyramid Oil swung to a second-quarter loss of $40,000, or 1 cent a share, from profit of $910,000, or 19 cents a share, in the year-earlier period. Revenue fell 62% to $800,000. Its gross margin dropped from 75% to 50% and its operating margin plummeted from 55% to less than 1%. The company has a stable financial position, with minimal debt, strong liquidity and a quick ratio of 11.
The stock: Pyramid Oil is up 6% this year, trailing major U.S. indices. The company doesn't pay dividends and has had erratic operating results over the past two years.-- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV