Movers Roundup: Joy Global, Capital One
Among the stock activity stories for Wednesday, Sept. 2, from AP Financial News:
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Shares of Joy Global Inc. fell as nervous investors reacted to an announcement by the mining equipment manufacturer that it will strip out more than $600 million in orders to better account for bookings, an analyst said.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) ¿ Capital One Financial Corp. was upgraded by a Sterne Agee analyst based on positive momentum in the company's stock price.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ MAP Pharmaceuticals Inc. plans to share additional data from testing of its migraine drug candidate Levadex next week, and a Wedbush Morgan analyst said the results could boost MAP's share price.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of tanker operator DHT Maritime Inc. plunged more than 20 percent after it reported that its second-quarter profit fell more than 51 percent to $5 million as sales slid. The company also said it would not pay a second-quarter dividend. WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ Shares of Raser Technologies Inc. sank after the energy technology company disclosed a government agency denied its loan application for a future Thermo project. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Rackspace Hosting Inc. jumped after Credit Suisse began coverage of the stock with an "Outperform" rating. PHILADELPHIA (AP) ¿ Shares of CA Inc. fell almost 7 percent after disclosing that it's on the hook for $14 million in severance costs for its chief executive, who will retire by year's end when his employment contract runs out.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV