NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- After the market close, Stockpickr updates a series of portfolios called Today's Lists with information from that trading day. It's a useful tool for getting a quick picture of how the market moved that day.
Here's a sampling of what made Today's Lists today, Sept. 2:
52-Week Highs: Sepracor (SEPR) hit a new high of $23.57 today on news that Japan's Dainippon plans to make a bid of around $2.7 billion for the drugmaker. Trading was subsequently halted on Sepracor, up 26.5% for the day at $22.80.For more stocks making new highs today, check out the 52-Week Highs list. Biggest % Gainers: Flow International (FLOW) rose 19.1% to $2.50 on Wednesday after announcing that it would make a stock offering of almost 8 million shares at Tuesday's closing price of $2.10 a share to raise money for debt-repayment and other purposes. For more stocks on the rise, check out the Biggest % Gainers list. Biggest % Losers: Losing big on Wednesday was China's Sinovac (SVA), down 18.5% to $8.53, after soaring earlier in the week on anticipation of a deal to supply its swine flu drug to the government of South Korea. For more stocks heading lower today, including Fannie Mae (FNM), down 13.8%, and Novavax (NVAX), down 10.7%, check out the Biggest % Losers list. Rising on Unusual Volume: AIG (AIG) rose 5.4% today on a volume increase of 170%. The company is seeking to cut its IPO fees in half.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV