FDA Extends Review Of Endo Drug By 3 Months
CHADDS FORD, Pa. (AP) ¿ The Food and Drug Administration has extended a review of a testosterone drug candidate by three months, the product's maker, Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc., said Wednesday.
The FDA extended its review period to Dec. 2. The review had been scheduled to end Sept. 2. Endo said the agency needs more time to review the application and complete a risk evaluation and mitigation strategy, but has not asked for more data about the drug.
The drug is a long-acting testosterone undecanoate injection intended to treat hypogonadism, which is a hormonal condition that interferes with the functioning of the testes. The injection is sold outside the U.S. as Nedibo. It was discovered and developed by Bayer Schering Pharma AG, licensed to Indevus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Endo bought Indevus earlier this year.In afternoon trading, Endo stock declined 77 cents, or 3.5 percent, to $21.05 from its close in Wednesday' regular session at $21.82.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV