FDA Extends Review Of Endo Drug By 3 Months
CHADDS FORD, Pa. (AP) ¿ The Food and Drug Administration has extended a review of a testosterone drug candidate by three months, the product's maker, Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc., said Wednesday.
The FDA extended its review period to Dec. 2. The review had been scheduled to end Sept. 2. Endo said the agency needs more time to review the application and complete a risk evaluation and mitigation strategy, but has not asked for more data about the drug.
The drug is a long-acting testosterone undecanoate injection intended to treat hypogonadism, which is a hormonal condition that interferes with the functioning of the testes. The injection is sold outside the U.S. as Nedibo. It was discovered and developed by Bayer Schering Pharma AG, licensed to Indevus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Endo bought Indevus earlier this year.In afternoon trading, Endo stock declined 77 cents, or 3.5 percent, to $21.05 from its close in Wednesday' regular session at $21.82.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV