Rich Foreigners Buy U.S. Homes: Unreal Estate
MIAMI ( TheStreet) -- The nation's real estate market is starting to show a pulse again, and international buyers have been partly responsible for its improving health.
Price reductions in the U.S. have made its real estate offerings more attractive to foreign buyers who see an entry point into purchases they have long coveted. On a routine basis, tour groups from China are visiting New York, Boston and San Francisco to scope out potential buys. Investors from Spain and Italy have emerged among their European peers. Latin American countries are taking advantage of bottomed-out prices in Miami.
Rodrigo Nino, president of the global real estate firm Prodigy International, is among those betting on the trend to continue and grow. He recently launched Prodigy Network to purchase residential condominiums for international investors. The company will initially buy approximately $100 million worth of new condominiums on behalf of investors located in Latin America, Europe and Asia.
|A Russian billionaire bought a mansion in Miami from NBA star Shaquille O'Neal earlier this year.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV