A risqué ad showing a barely-clad model who appeared to be under the age of 16 was banned today by the Advertising Standards Authority in the U.K., The Guardian reported.
The ad appeared in Vice magazine, which targets the 18- to 34-year-olds.
Earlier this year, American Apparel was the center of controversy for its advertisements when actor/director Woody Allen sued the retailer for the use of his image in an ad campaign. Its ads in the United States have long stoked controversy for their use of overly provocative images.American Apparel paid Allen $5 million hours before the suit was to go to trial. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV