Central Garden & Pet Names Chief Financial Officer
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (AP) ¿ Central Garden & Pet Co., which makes lawn and pet supplies, announced Tuesday the appointment of Jeffrey A. Blade as chief financial officer.
He will report to William E. Brown, Central Garden's chairman and CEO.
Before joining Central Garden, Blade served as interim president of The Steak 'N Shake Co., as well as its chief financial and administrative officer. Blade has also worked at Cott Beverages, Kraft Foods and Price Waterhouse, Central Garden said in a release.
Shares fell 57 cents, or 4.7 percent, to close earlier at $11.57.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV