Central Garden & Pet Names Chief Financial Officer
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (AP) ¿ Central Garden & Pet Co., which makes lawn and pet supplies, announced Tuesday the appointment of Jeffrey A. Blade as chief financial officer.
He will report to William E. Brown, Central Garden's chairman and CEO.
Before joining Central Garden, Blade served as interim president of The Steak 'N Shake Co., as well as its chief financial and administrative officer. Blade has also worked at Cott Beverages, Kraft Foods and Price Waterhouse, Central Garden said in a release.
Shares fell 57 cents, or 4.7 percent, to close earlier at $11.57.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV