FreeSeas Takes Delivery Of 10th Vessel
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Greek drybulk shipper FreeSeas Inc. said Tuesday it has taken delivery of another vessel, expanding its fleet to 10.
The Free Neptune vessel has been fixed for a spot time charter trip of roughly 30 days at a daily rate of $15,000, the company said in a statement.
The company used capital from a recent common share offering. It bought the 13-year-old Free Neptune for roughly $11 million.
The company also announced new charters for four of its Handysize vessels, the Free Destiny, Free Hero, Free Knight, and Free Maverick.FreeSeas' common shares and warrants trade on the Nasdaq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV