Fairfax Financial Buying Stake In Chinese Insurer
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Canadian insurance and asset management company Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. said Monday that it was buying a 15 percent stake in a Chinese insurer for roughly $66 million.
The deal to buy a stake in Alltrust Insurance Company of China is subject to final approval by Chinese regulators.
Alltrust, based in Shanghai, provides a full spectrum of primary insurance products and services in China, including property insurance, liability insurance, surety bonds, short-term health insurance, accident insurance, motor insurance and reinsurance.
Fairfax Financial Holdings is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management.Also Monday, Fairfax Financial Holdings said it has filed a shelf prospectus with securities regulators. The shelf prospectus allows Fairfax to offer from time to time over a 25-month period up to $1 billion of debt, equity or other securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV