The iPhone has finally cracked the China market, Apple's Fifth Avenue flagship store rakes in more cash than any shop in modern U.S. retailing, and the new crop of iPods will have cameras that could spark a big replacement cycle.
Like never before, Apple is at the top of its game. But like any champ, the focus has to be on the next big win.
For Apple, the stunning growth streak lives or dies with the upcoming Tablet.
Heck of a HaloHey, this is Apple, right? What's the worry? For 10 years, Apple has demonstrated the hottest hand in gadgets, delivering a string of blockbuster hits. The iPod and iTunes redefined not just music players, but also the business of selling songs. In computers, Apple's Macs were sleeker, premium-priced devices that people found a joy to use and were cool alternatives to sluggish, bloated, virus-plagued PCs. Then came the iPhone. Timing the tipping point for touchscreens perfectly, Apple set the standard for a new generation of smartphones and ushered in an era of fingertip controlled phones and improved Web viewing. The iPhone has been a smashing success, but the device is in its third year, and with China now onboard, it faces fewer new market opportunities. The iPod may get a boost from its new camera feature, but the glory days have passed. And Macs face a resurgent Microsoft (MSFT) Windows and Intel (INTC)-powered Wintel effort that threatens to take the shine off Apple's computer sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV