MGP Ingredients Chairman Seaberg Steps Down
ATCHISON, Kan. (AP) ¿ The chairman of MGP Ingredients Inc. has stepped down after almost three years in the position and 40 years with the company.
The Atchison-based maker of grain-based ingredients and alcohol products for the branded packaged goods industry said 63-year-old Ladd Seaberg will remain a consultant with the company for two years, earning $250,000 a year.
Seaberg started at the company in 1969 and eventually served as chief executive for 20 years. He will be replaced on the board by his wife, Karen Seaberg, the granddaughter of the company's founder.
The board has selected director John Spiers as the new chairman, effective immediately. He was elected to the board in October 2004 and has been closely tied to MGP's strategy shift to focus on its core ingredients business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV