Tandy Brands Posts Narrower Loss In 4th Quarter
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) ¿ Tandy Brands Accessories Inc. said Thursday it trimmed its loss in the fiscal fourth quarter as the company was better able to control expenses.
For the fiscal quarter ending June 30, the maker of accessories such as belts and wallets reported a loss of $2.5 million, or 36 cents per share, compared with a loss of $4.7 million, or 67 cents per share, for comparable quarter a year ago.
Revenue fell 12 percent to $26.4 million from $30.1 million in the fiscal 2008 quarter.
Tandy said its corporate reorganization implemented in January and new management team have had a "positive effect" on the company's performance, despite the trend of retailers limiting the number of suppliers they rely on during the recession.Cost of goods sold fell 20 percent to $16.2 million, while total operating expenses were down 2 percent. For the 2009 fiscal year, Tandy reported a loss of $15.1 million, or $2.18 per share, compared with a loss of $49.3 million for the fiscal year 2008 year. Revenue fell 14 percent to $129 million from $149.3 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV