The9 Limited Posts 2 Quarters Of Losses
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Chinese online game operator and developer The9 Limited said Thursday it lost money in the last two quarters and revenue fell sharply in the April-to-June period.
The company said it lost 79.2 million yuan ($11.6 million), or 3.15 yuan (46 cents) per share, in the quarter ended June 30, compared with net income of 99 million yuan ($14.5 million) a year earlier.
Adjusted net income excluding items was 3.1 million yuan ($500,000), or 0.12 yuan (2 cents) per share, compared with 199.4 million yuan ($29.2 million), or 1.84 yuan (27 cents) per share a year earlier, the company said.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the company to earn 39 cents per share.The company blamed the loss mostly on lower revenue from World of Warcraft. The license expired June 7. Revenue fell 37 percent to 287.9 million yuan ($42.2 million). For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it lost 46.8 million yuan ($6.9 million), or 1.78 yuan (26 cents) per share, compared with net income of 75.6 million yuan ($11.1 million), or 2.70 yuan (40 cents) per share, a year earlier.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV