The9 Limited Posts 2 Quarters Of Losses
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Chinese online game operator and developer The9 Limited said Thursday it lost money in the last two quarters and revenue fell sharply in the April-to-June period.
The company said it lost 79.2 million yuan ($11.6 million), or 3.15 yuan (46 cents) per share, in the quarter ended June 30, compared with net income of 99 million yuan ($14.5 million) a year earlier.
Adjusted net income excluding items was 3.1 million yuan ($500,000), or 0.12 yuan (2 cents) per share, compared with 199.4 million yuan ($29.2 million), or 1.84 yuan (27 cents) per share a year earlier, the company said.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the company to earn 39 cents per share.The company blamed the loss mostly on lower revenue from World of Warcraft. The license expired June 7. Revenue fell 37 percent to 287.9 million yuan ($42.2 million). For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it lost 46.8 million yuan ($6.9 million), or 1.78 yuan (26 cents) per share, compared with net income of 75.6 million yuan ($11.1 million), or 2.70 yuan (40 cents) per share, a year earlier.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV