Dycom Shares Sink On Fiscal 1Q Revenue Outlook
WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ Shares of Dycom Industries Inc. sank Wednesday after the telecommunications contractor offered lackluster revenue guidance for its fiscal first quarter.
Its stock shed $1.68, or 11.9 percent, to $12.50 in afternoon trading. The company's stock has traded between $3.64 and $17.13 over the last 52-week period, and is up nearly 73 percent since January.
The Palm Beach, Gardens, Fla.-based company said Wednesday during a conference call with analysts that it anticipates first-quarter revenue will come in flat to down sequentially. In the fourth quarter, the company booked revenue of $269.7 million. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters are looking for higher revenue of $284.5 million.
FBR Capital Markets analyst Alex Rygiel said, "We continue to believe that investors will come back to the shares of Dycom Industries." He cited several reasons including improvement of the domestic economy, cash generation and stimulus funding for broadband deployment in underserved markets starts, among other factors.Rygiel says the stock is undervalued compared with its peers and raised the price target to $20 from $15, implying potential upside of 41 percent from its closing price Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV