Bolt Technology Posts 47 Pct Drop In 4Q Profit
NORWALK, Conn. (AP) ¿ Bolt Technology Corp., which provides geophyscial equipment for gas and oil exploration, on Wednesday said its fiscal fourth-quarter fell 47 percent on lower sales.
The company said its profit sank to $2.2 million, or 25 cents per share, for the three months ended June 30 from $4.1 million, or 43 cents per share, a year ago.
Sales dropped to $11.1 million from $14.9 million a year ago.
Bolt Technology said the decrease in revenue was due to a decline in the price of oil and the global economic slowdown, which slowed demand for marine seismic exploration.For the full fiscal year, net income fell to $10.5 million, or $1.22 per share, down from $14.6 million, or $1.70 per share, a year ago. Sales fell to $48.9 million from $61.6 million a year earlier. Bolt Technology shares fell 49 cents, or 3.7 percent, to $12.81 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV