Dycom Industries Fiscal 4th Qtr Profit Jumps
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) ¿ Telecommunications contractor Dycom Industries Inc. said Tuesday its fiscal fourth-quarter profit more than doubled from a year-ago period hurt by an impairment charge and losses from now-discontinued operations.
For the three months ended July 25, the company earned $6.6 million, or 17 cents per share, compared with $3.1 million, or 8 cents per share, in the year-earlier period. Excluding one-time charges, the company earned 23 cents per share in the latest period.
Contract revenue in the 2009 fiscal fourth quarter declined to $269.7 million from $322.1 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had expected, on average, earnings per share of just 15 cents on slightly higher sales of $273.9 million.For the full year, Dycom reported a loss of $53.2 million, or $1.35 per share, on revenue of $1.11 billion, compared with a profit in the previous year of $21.7 million, or 54 cents per share, on revenue of $1.23 billion. Shares closed earlier up 2 cents at $14.18.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV