Blue Coat Systems Posts Profit For Fiscal 1Q
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (AP) ¿ Blue Coat Systems Inc. on Tuesday reported a profit for its fiscal first quarter of 2010 compared with a loss in the year-earlier period, when charges tied to an acquisition weighed down results.
The security hardware and software maker posted a profit of $4 million, or 9 cents per share, for the three months ended July 31, compared with a loss of $6 million, or 15 cents per share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2009.
Excluding special items, Blue Coat's net income rose to $10 million, or 23 cents per share, compared with profit of $7 million, or 16 cents per share, in the same period in fiscal 2009.
Adjusted net income excludes charges related to acquired inventory sold, stock-based compensation expense, amortization of intangible assets, expenses for matters related to a stock option investigation and restructuring costs, among other items.Those charges include items linked to Blue Coat's acquisition of Packeteer, which makes products that help companies monitor and control traffic flowing across their networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV